Depending on where you live tomatoes are in season or coming into season. Different types will be coming and going all summer long.
I love tomatoes. The deeper the color the better. Gazpacho is a favorite for a few reasons.
1. Different tomatoes make a different soup. The flavor and the texture can be affected by using different types of tomatoes.
2. You can change the herbs you blend with it to completely change the style. Add some basil and make an Italian gazpacho, add some cilantro and it’s Mexican.
3. Puree it more and it’s rich and smooth, pulse it and leave it chunky and it’s more like a meal.
4. Add a dash of vinegar and it’s Polish! Of course you know that will be in my recipe. You can leave it out if you’re not into that 😉
5. Add a jalepeño for some heat!
This makes enough for two
1 Lb tomatoes (an extra tomato of a different color makes a nice garnish)
1/2 a large cucumber, skin on
1 clove garlic
1 small shallot
1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
a few leaves of herbs choose one to start. Basil or Cilantro are the most popular (save one or two leaves for garnish).
a healthy dash of salt
2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
Place the cucumber in your blender and give it a couple spins, add everything except the olive oil (and your garnishes). Slowly drizzle the olive oil into the blender as it spins. Turn it off when it’s reached the consistency you’d like.
Let chill in the fridge one hour, the longer it sits the more the flavors will mingle. It’s up to you. You can eat it right out of the blender if you’d like!